Do you like the sounds of protecting computers from unauthorized access or destruction? Do you want to join the fight against cybercrime? If you are passionate about technology and want to have help others from having their private information stolen, a career in cybersecurity may be the right decision for you.
Why choose a certificate in Cybersecurity?
The Cybersecurity certificate program prepares students for cybersecurity-based careers. Garrett College’s Cybersecurity program allows students to concentrate on a curriculum that provides students with the knowledge and skills that are most in demand within the rapidly changing information technology industry – particularly the cybersecurity field. Courses such as Security+, Net+, and Computer Forensics provide both the knowledge and skills that can enhance employability and job market skills, allowing Garrett students to pursue career changes and/or career advancement in these highly technical fields.
As a result, many GC students earn industry recognized certifications such as A+, Net+, Security+, CCNA and more while studying cybersecurity at Garrett College.
Cybersecurity Degrees and Certificates
Garrett College awards a Cybersecurity Certificate to graduates. An Associate in Applied Science in Cybersecurity (A.A.S.) and Associate in Applied Science in Cybersecurity (A.A.S.) with a Network Administration concentration are also available.
Garrett’s Cybersecurity certificate prepares graduates to find employment in the cybersecurity industry and/or chosen field.
Total Credit Hours Required 24
Required Course Work (14 credits)
- CIS160 Operating System 4
- CIS220 Networking Fundamentals(Net+) 4
- CIS230 Security+ 3
- CIS231 Computer Forensics 3
Cybersecurity Electives (10 credits)
Select from the following:
- CIS130 Programming Logic 3
- CIS161 PC Maintenance & Repair 4
- CIS163 Intro to Cisco Networking 4
- CIS164 Router Fundamentals 4
- CIS170 Computer Science Programming I 4
- CIS210 Computer Science Programming II 4
- CIS232 Advanced Network Security 4
- CIS233 Ethical Hacking, Countermeasure 4
- CIS234 Ethics in the Information Age 3
- CIS235 Introduction to Cyber Law 3
- CIS240 Linux+ 3
- CIS241 Managing Servers 3