What is Title IX?
Title IX is federal law that states:
"No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance."
Garrett College prohibits all forms of sexual and gender based discrimination, harassment, and misconduct, including but not limited to, sexual harassment, gender-based harassment, sexual assault, non-consensual sexual contact, sexual exploitation, dating violence, domestic violence, and stalking that may occur between people of the same or different sexes, gender identities or expressions, or sexual orientation.
If you have any questions or concerns or if you need to make a complaint, contact Garrett’s Title IX Coordinator, Shelley Menear in FA-713, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at (301) 387-3037.
For detailed information about policy, procedures, and prevention education, click the following links:
- Amnesty in Emergency Situations Policy (#2022)
- Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
- Anti-Harassment/Discrimination Policy (#2016)
- Maryland Collaborative Report - Sexual Assault and Alcohol
- Sexual Misconduct Policy (#2017)
- Sexual Misconduct Policy Guidance (#2017A)